Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CANCER AWARENESS


The University of Tennessee's Men's Basketball program is backing a new program called OUTLIVE for cancer awareness. It is in honor of Chris Lofton a UT basketball player from last year (one of the best to ever play at UT) who was battling testicular cancer and kept quiet about it until after the season. They are selling t-shirts for $15 and the money goes to the UT Medical Center for screenings and prevention methods.


This struck a cord with me especially because I recently had a scare with a colonoscopy that I had. I had a cancerous polyp, however, my surgeon feels he removed all the cancer when he removed the polyp. I will be checked again in six months. Then 2 days later my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. The spot on her lung is quite small and it had not spread to anywhere else in her body. She has to have 4 radiation treatments and then we will see after that. She feels fine and has a wonderful attitude as usual. She is amazing. Luckily for both of us our cancers were caught very early. So please have those screenings done!


Here is the link if you would like to read the story about this: http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010509aab.html

No comments: